OKtober brings breast cancer awareness to more Filipina women
October 3, 2016
I CAN SERVE Foundation, Inc. works anew with partner organizations in 2016 for OKtober, a campaign to raise awareness and conduct breast cancer screening among more Filipina women.
The OKtober forum covers the risk factors and available treatment for breast cancer. Screening will be done through clinical breast examination (CBE). Through its flagship program, Ating Dibdibin, I CAN SERVE partners with local governments to train barangay health workers on CBE, as well as in patient navigation. In remote Philippine communities with no access to doctors nor modern health facilities, barangay health workers are the first line of support for Filipina women experiencing changes in their breasts, suspicious or otherwise.
The following partners make the OKtober campaign possible in 2016: Philippine Society of Oncology; ICANSERVE Foundation Cebu Chapter; Metro Manila Mayors’ Spouses Foundation Inc.; City Governments of Marikina, Muntinlupa, Taguig, Tagum, Tacloban, and Valuenzuela; Barangays Bel Air, Makati City and San Antonio, Pasig City; H. Bautista Elementary School; Saint Michael’s College, Laguna; The Carewell Community Foundation; Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc; Asian Hospital; Binan Doctors Hospital; Cardinal Santos Medical Center; Saint Luke’s Medical Center Global City; San Juan Medical Center; Festival Mall Muntinlupa; Limketkai Mall, Cagayan de Oro City; Vista Mall Taguig City; Zonta Club of Laguna; Z and Golden Z Club; Rotary Club of Cebu Fuente; Rotary Club of Kandaya, Tacloban,;Rotary Club of Cagayan de Oro East Urban; Parish of San Fabian, Pangasinan; Resurrection of Our Lord Parish; Buhay Ka! Isabela; Corridors of Hope; Living Hope Cancer Survivors Club; Medical City Support Group; Mindanao Breast Cancer Support and Empowerment Association; Minda’s Buddies; Pagadian City Cancer Support Group; Project Pink; Thrive; Philippine Society of Medical Oncologists (PSMO) Cebu Chapter; Philippine Cancer Society (PCS), Cebu Chapter; Resurrection of Our Lord Parish Commission on Youth; and Interfaith Forum for Solidarity.
Find an OKtober schedule in your area from the list below and learn more about breast cancer. Bring your mother, sister, daughter, spouse and friend. The more people learn, the greater the chances of detecting breast cancer early. Early breast cancer detection offers the best protection.
Listed below are the dates and partner organizations for OKtober 2016:
Metro Manila (all on October 8):
1. The Carewell Community Foundation, Makati
2. Marikina LGU and City Health Office at H.Bautista Elementary School
3. Taguig LGU at Vista Mall Taguig
4. Festival Mall, Muntinlupa LGU,Asian Hospital at Festival Mall
5. Barangay San Antonio, Pasig and Medical City Support Group in Barangay San Antonio
6. Barangay Bel Air, Makati
7. St. Luke’s Medical Center Global City
8. Cardinal Santos Medical Center
9. Metro Manila Mayors’ Spouses Foundation Inc in Paranaque Sports Center
Luzon (all on October 8):
10. Saint Michael’s College, Laguna
11. Minda’s Buddies, Baguio
12. Buhay Ka Isabela, Santiago, Isabela
Visayas (all on October 8):
13. ICANSERVE Cebu Chapter, PSMO Cebu Chapter, PCS Cebu Chapter, and Rotary Club of Cebu Fuente at SM City Cebu
14. Tacloban LGU at Patio Victoria
Mindanao (all on October 8):
15. Tagum LGU, Davao del Norte
16. Thrive, Rotary Club of CDO East Urban at Limketkai Mall, CDO
October 7, 2016
17. Valenzuela LGU with Office of Persons with Disability
18. Parish of San Fabian, Barangay Poblacion, San Fabian, Pangasinan
19. Mindanao Breast Cancer Support and Empowerment Association, Pagadian, Zamboanga del Sur
Dates To Be Confirmed:
20. BF Homes Parish and Youth Group with Project Pink Volunteers
21. Smiles, Davao City
22. Naga – March 2017
I CAN SERVE thanks its partner organizations for saving lives and helping women at risk know more about breast cancer.