ICanServe is not a funding agency but we recommend approaching the following institutions.(Ang ICanServe ay hindi isang funding agency. Maaari po kayong lumapit sa mga sumusunod na ahensya upang makahingi ng tulong):
DOH Breast Cancer Medicine Access Program (BCMAP)
The Department of Health (DoH) provides free chemotherapy to breast cancer patients diagnosed as Stage 0, Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3A, and Stage 3B. To avail of the Breast Cancer Medical Access Program (BC MAP) of the DoH, it is important to start treatment ONLY at the following DoH BC MAP-accredited hospitals:
|NCR||UP-PHILIPPINE GENERAL HOSPITAL (UP-PGH) Taft Avenue, Manila|
|NCR||EAST AVENUE MEDICAL CENTER (EAMC) East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City|
|NCR||JOSE R. REYES MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER Rizal Avenue, Sta. Cruz, Manila|
|NCR||AMANG RODRIGUEZ MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER Sumulong Highway, Sto. Nino, Marikina City|
|IVB||RIZAL MEDICAL CENTER Pasig Boulevard, Pasig City|
|V||BICOL REGIONAL TRAINING AND TEACHING HOSPITAL Rizal Street, Legazpi City, Albay|
TO EMPHASIZE: To avail of the BC MAP of the DoH, it is IMPORTANT to go ONLY to the six (6) accredited hospitals listed above immediately upon diagnosis in order to access the chemotherapy medicines from the beginning up to the end of treatment.
1. Get a referral from surgeon or oncologist to the Patient Navigation Program of the Philippine Cancer Society for pre-screening.
2. To avail of continuous and free supply of anti-cancer medicines, both patient and doctor will need to accomplish required forms.
DOH Public Assistance Unit – Medical Assistance for Indigent Patients (MAIP)
DOH-PAU offers assistance in the form of guarantee letters for chemotherapy medicine and hospitalization reimbursements.
Address: San Lazaro Compound, Tayuman, Sta. Cruz, Manila
Telephone: +63 2 8651-7800 local 1807/1808/1812
Schedule: Monday to Friday (except holidays)
1. Medical/Clinical Abstract
2. Barangay Certificate of Indigency/Social Case Study Report
3. For chemotherapy medicines: Latest prescription
4. For hospitalization: Hospital bill
*Additional requirements for relative/proxy:
1. Photocopy of valid ID of patient.
2. Valid ID of authorized representative
3. Authorization Letter
DSWD Crisis Intervention Unit
DSWD issues guarantee letters for chemotherapy medicine through its Protective Services Program for Medical Assistance
Address: DSWD Central Office, Contitution Hills, Batasan Complex, Quezon City 1126
Telephone: +63 2 8951-7433 or 8962-2813
How to avail:
1. PREPARE DOCUMENTS
a. Medical/Clinical Abstract – c/o oncologist’s office
b. Quotation from Globo Asiatico. Call Globo Customer Care (info below). They will ask for a copy of your prescription, then issue a quotation to be picked up from their office. This makes the process faster than if you only provide DSWD with a prescription. (TIP: Schedule pick up on the way to DSWD Main as they are both in Quezon City).
GLOBO ASIATICO ENTERPRISES
127 JDK Bldg. Maginhawa St.
Teachers Village, Quezon City
c/o Customer Care: Jonna Navida (02) 982-7078
(Globo also has depots in Cebu and Davao)
c. Barangay Certificate of Indigency
d. Photocopy of valid ID
2. SUBMIT DOCUMENTS TO DSWD CRISIS INTERVENTION UNIT.
Preferably the Main Office near Batasan Complex in QC. You can also go to a satellite office but better if you can go to Main)
a. Get a number from the guard. You will be given a short form to fill out.
b. Document checking. A social worker will review your documents. If they are complete, you will move on to the next step.
c. Interview. A social worker will ask some questions to evaluate your situation. After that, he/she will put in the request for a Guarantee Letter (GL). The amounts range from 5,000-75,000. (Be prepared to spend half a day at DSWD)
3. RELEASE OF GUARANTEE LETTER.
If your application is approved, your social worker will text you to pick up your GL from DSWD within 1-4 business days.
4. DELIVER GL to Globo Asiatico. (Address provided above. This can be done directly from DSWD).
5. WAIT.* Globo and DSWD will coordinate for the payment of your meds.
6. RELEASE OF MEDICINE FROM GLOBO.*
*Please note that even though the application and approval process is fast, the actual RELEASE of the medicine can take long, from weeks to months. If you are on meds now that you’ll need to continue for the next few months, it is best to start applying for this ASAP.
Visit the DSWD website for more info.
Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO)
Address: Charity Assistance Department, Radiotherapy Bldg, Lung Center of the Philippines, Quezon Avenue, Quezon City
Telephone: +63 2 8426-3735
Individual Medical Assistance Program (IMAP) – PCSO issues guarantee letters to partner hospitals and covers the cost of medicines, chemo drugs and other medical needs of patients in those institutions. Download the IMAP Application Form here.
WHERE AVAILABLE: List of accredited medical institutions, as per PCSO website (as of November 7, 2019)
- Rekomendasyon mula sa Social Service para sa mga service (charity) na pasyente, o mula sa credit and collection officer para sa mga pay na pasyente
- Orihinal o Certified True Copy ng pinakabagong medical abstract na may kumpletong pangalan, pirma at lisensya ng doctor
- Kopya ng Histopath diagnosis
- Application form (i-download dito ang application form)
- Orihinal na treatment protocol or reseta ng kailangang gamot na may kumpletong pangalan, prima at lisensya ng doctor
- Official Price Quotation ng gamot mula sa PCSO accredited pharmacy o supplier
They will require the submission of the following documents (all original):
- Profile of patient, diagnosis (original or certified true copy of medical abstract and histopathology or biopsy results), history, plan of treatment/doctor’s report with his name, signature and license number.
- Names of medication needed (prescription of all drugs signed by the medical officer with his/her license number) and prices (include source of price information).
- Letter of request for financial assistance from the patient. Click to download sample letter in English or Tagalog.
- Photocopy of identification card with latest picture of the requesting person with his/her signature indicated at the back.